Umbrella?

Jun 2, 2008
Marana, AZ
I got one umbrella that was made specifically for going in a swimming pool, but the base is a little small so it is unstable. Also the umbrella is only 6' diameter. I was thinking of maybe getting another umbrella. Is it okay to put a regular market umbrella in a vinyl pool, and what sort of base should I use? :?:

I haven't seen an umbrella designed to go IN a pool. I have an 11 ft diameter offset umbrella that I set up on the west side of my pool. The base is huge and totally stable. It makes a significant difference in water temp since I'm blocking the West exposure. Plus, I'm pale and have a history of pre-cancerous spots on my head, so I require shade during the day while swimming. Plus, during the fall the umbrella helps deflect a lot of leaves and acorns, keeping them out of the pool.

go to images.google.com and search Martha Stewart offset umbrella and you'll see samples of what I have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.