Multiple SWG

Hello,

I have a pool with a built in hot tub that waterfalls into the pool. Right now, I am having a hard time keeping the spa clean as I have to manually switch the two input and output valves on the pump system every day. I would like to separate the hot tub from the pool's cleaning system by adding a new pump/filter/SWG (maybe with something like this http://www.vminnovations.com/Produc...nd-Filter-Pool-Pump-and-Saltwater-System.html. There are hose to pvc diy adapters online).

My question is, with my main pool being salt water, will the second SWG cause any electrical issues if they are both ran at the same time? I don't want to harm any of the bathers.

I don't like to have the spa flow into the pool as I loose my heat and it causes scaling on the wall.

Thank you,
Nick

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

It would likely be a lot cheaper and less hassle to add a basic automation system to automatically switch to and from spa mode during the day.

With a split system, you are doubling the work to maintain proper chemistry.

I do not understand the losing heat statement. Don't have the heater running unless you are using the spa :scratch:

Hello jblizzle,

Thank you for replying so quickly.

The problem with your first suggestion is that 2" actuated valves are quite expensive (especially if we are talking 3-way). Even rigging 1" sprinkler valves, I would need 4 of them to equal the flow of a 2" valve, not to mention needing 4 sets of them to account for the 3-way setup and supply and return. Also, I don't like the idea of malfunction, where the supply for the spa would not open, and it could possibly suck the thing dry and burn the pump up.

You are correct on the chemistry part. The spa is roughly 600 gal, and covered. It should not be too hard to balance solo.

The spa looses heat if I circulate the water with the pool. I would like to dedicate my solar heater to the spa and run the real heater upon use.

Thank you,
Nick

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.