Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CC should I slam?

1. Back To Top    #1

CC should I slam?

Hey everyone. I need some advice. My CC level is 1. Do I need to slam the pool?
    Thanks in advance for the advice!
    27100 gallon in ground Pool/Spa, SWG, Pebble Sheen-Aqua Blue, (All Pentair Equipment) Pentair VS Pump, Cartridge- filter, build completed Dec. 2013, Houston, Texas

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CC should I slam?

Can you post all of your readings?

Have you done an overnight chlorine loss test?

What is your water quality? Clarity etc.?

3. Back To Top    #3

My Ph is 7.8, FC 2.5, Cc 1, ch 350, TA 100, CYA 60
    27100 gallon in ground Pool/Spa, SWG, Pebble Sheen-Aqua Blue, (All Pentair Equipment) Pentair VS Pump, Cartridge- filter, build completed Dec. 2013, Houston, Texas

4. Back To Top    #4

I would suggest raising the fc to about 9 for a day to see if the problem resolves. Also, an overnight chlorine loss test would be helpful.

If the cc remains or increases, or you don't pass the overnight chlorine loss test, a full Slam would probably be in order.

Note that this is assuming that the water is clean and clear with no algae. If the water quality is not very good, then a Slam is probably indicated.

In any case, I would suggest maintaining a higher fc level in general to help avoid problems.

5. Back To Top    #5

Once you find out the results of your oclt and you current cc level, and if you don't need to SLAM, you might consider getting your cya up to the recommended 70-80 depending on how much sun you get.
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir
    Intermatic P1353ME digital timer w/freeze sensor
    CircuPool Si-45 SWCG System
    Polaris 280 vacuum/Polaris PB4-60 boost pump
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3hp Pump--Pentair sand filter