Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water leak at exterior bottom of skimmer

1. Back To Top    #1

Trenton, NJ

Water leak at exterior bottom of skimmer

Hi, I had my above ground pool installed in May and have not had any issues. Today, I was cleaning the filter basket and I noticed greenish water that lead from underneath the exterior portion of the skimmer and led to the stone on the ground underneath it.

I attached a couple pictures.

I guess there is a slow leak at the bottom of the skimmer on the outside. Is this something that I should be concerned with. My pool was installed in May, so I'm guessing if there is an issue, it should be covered under warranty at this point. Thanks for the help.

FYI pool water clear and doesn't appear to be losing much water from pool.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (25.0 KB, 48 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (24.5 KB, 48 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (96.5 KB, 49 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (28.5 KB, 48 views)
    15'x26' above ground pool installed on 5/10/14, 1 hp -Hayward pro series sand filter (Model # S166T92STL), Hayward Vari-Flow valve (Model # SP0714T1), Hayward Power-Flo Matrix pump (Model # SP1592TLFP). TF100 test kit. Diver Dave automatic vacuum.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Water leak at exterior bottom of skimmer

If it is under warranty, have them fix it. Might be as simple as verifying the screws are snug.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Hollidaysburg, PA

Re: Water leak at exterior bottom of skimmer

I had a similar issue. Had a tiny. I mean tiny pin hole above my return valve. It was filling up between the wall and liner. The skimmer was where it found a way out. Try the simple things first like loose screws, weir, etc. I'd call and have them come out and look at it ASAP.
    ~Matt~ Radiant Metric 24'x52" 14k- built into a slope. CircuPool Si-30 SWCG. 24" Hayward Sand Filter. Pentair Optiflow 2-speed 1HP pump. Clear solar cover. Wanda the Whale. TF-100 Test Kit. Hard Plumbed.
    My Build w/ lots of pics