Dual Speed Pump Misbehaving

Aug 14, 2014
Pasadena, MD
Hi all. I installed a 2.5 HP dual speed motor to my WhisperFlo pump last year. It's controlled by a Jandy Aqualink system (rev M I believe) with Aqualink One Touch RS Remote. The Aqualink is programmed to run high speed for 1 hour and then switch to low speed for 6 hours. Last week, the motor began toggling between high and low speed every couple of seconds. Constantly switching back and forth. I try to override with the remote and it doesn't stop. I switch to spa and it doesn't stop. However, if I set the system to Service and use the manual controls at the pump, the issue goes away.

My assumption is that the problem is with my Touch RS Remote. It is old and beat up. Before I spend $500 on a new one, I thought I would ask for second opinions. Could it be the high/low relay or a short somewhere else?

When the motor switches from high to low, is it reflected on the controller readout somewhere?

If you hadn't told me it works when toggling manually, I would have suspected a bad centrifugal switch. But given, you can control it manually, it must be the controller but then is should reflect the speed change in the readout. If not, then yes, I would suspect the high/low relay as well but then I would expect that to still misbehave even in manual mode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.