Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DE Insides Replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

DE Insides Replacement

Ok I have a DE Filter that the grids are fine on but the old owners used replacement screws and such that they shouldn't have and the grid "holder" is rusted together. What's my best option? Everything works, but it's a pain to clean because I can't get the darn thing apart. Also I can't read the "info sticker" on the outside of the filter, so I don't really know anything about it but I can measure the parts.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pearland, TX

Re: DE Insides Replacement

I would take a picture of the outside of the filter and then take that and the grid "holder" to the pool store. Usually they can tell what type it is from that much information. If you don't have a local pool store maybe you could try taking a picture of the outside and posting it and the measurements of your grids here and one of the more experienced members can tell you what it might be.
    Java - Learning that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!- Houston Tx - 22,000 gallon IG gunite pool running a DE Hayward filter DE-4800 (48SQFT 96 GPM), Hayward Vari-flo multi-port valve 715XR60, Pump - Century Centurion 0-177215-04 1hp. Polaris 9400 Sport Robotic Pool Cleaner. 1 skimmer, 1 main drain, a pool light, diving board. Age of pool &equipment unknown, pool age est. ~ 20-30 yrs, equipment probably newer.