SWG for Big Pool in Apartment Block

Mar 23, 2011
Monaco
Hello All,
its been a while since I have been active on the forum and I know from the past that this is the best place to get information on pool stuff. I have a posting in Turkey and we have a beautiful pool of around 600M3 (160,000 gal) in our apart block. In my home I have a SWG and really swear by the softness and quality of the water.
At the moment the workers everyday lug between 5 and 10 drums of chlorine into the pool room - which gets put into the dosing unit. Whilst the quality of the water is nice - it is not as good as SWG.
During the winter I am considering installing a SWG system.
Does anybody know any units capable of this size available on the market? Approx. cost? I would be interested in doing an investigation.

Again thanks for all the wonderful help from this site.

Jonathan

I'm sorry I don't know, but would be interested in the answer. We deal with residential pools mostly, so we can't always answer these types of questions Im sorry to say. Hopefully we find out here.

If you can split off the return line into some type of manifold then could you not use a few smaller units? May impede flow to significantly, not sure. But have see that before. I am sure a large enough commercial unit is available somewhere, but where and cost??

There are a handful of companies that manufacturer commercial salt chlorine generators. Sizing commercial projects is much different from residential pools. With commercial pools bather load, water temperature, water features, etc. all are considered in addition to how many gallons the pool is. Consulting with a professional distributor who can help determine what size system is needed is key.

We are unable to distribute our products outside of the US however if you provide an e-mail address to me I can forward your info along to a company that handles these types of products internationally so they could help you determine what is needed.

Thanks to everybody for replying - PM sent to Josh - average bathers 60 per day - pool water temperature in summer usually around 30ºC (86ºF) + there is a waterfall about 10M long and the water falls about 1.5M
thanks again,
Jonathan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.