Pump, sand filter, cartridge, return?

I always thought about that to appease the "cartridge filter collects the finer debris" crowd. My idea was a Sand Filter followed by a little cartridge the size of those old Jandy Energy Filters. But all of my pools with Sand Filters alone are crystal clear, so never really had the desire to pursue it.

TFP is generally sort of a minimalist group.......if you don't need it, don't do it. One correctly sized filter is all you need.

But all of my pools with Sand Filters alone are crystal clear, so never really had the desire to pursue it.
So nice to see that post. It is amazing to me how many people on our forum think their murky water is because of a sand filter...........it is just not the case.

For debris smaller than what a sand filter can normally capture (e.g. some dead algae), you can always add a little DE to the filter. But hopefully, you never get algae. ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.