Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New member - Abmorse1

1. Back To Top    #1

Tulsa, OK

New member - Abmorse1

Hello all -
    I'm glad I found this site, and the trouble-free pool method. It's kind of like the paleo diet for pools.

We bought a house this year with a pool. My wife contracted a pool guy on the recommendation of one of her co-workers. He was the cheapest of the people we found, and we figured we'd use him for the first summer while I learned about the pool, and then I'd take it over. Meanwhile discovered this forum and started researching.

Well, we got the latest invoice today, and it was $300 higher than his monthly estimate. He has shocked the pool constantly, and charges us for every little thing, including his test strips. We even had a $15 dollar charge for a "rain day". Needless to say, I ordered my TF-100 last night, and I'll be taking over ASAP.

I'll post a log in the "getting started" section once I get my test kit.

Last edited by abmorse1; 08-13-2014 at 10:49 AM. Reason: added my name to the title, per the instructions in the sticky.
    Aaron, Tulsa OK
    28k Gal, IG gunite/plaster, 300lb Heyward Sand filter, 1hp pump (original w/newer motor) downhill from pool so it's mostly below the waterline. Built in mid 80's, Dolphin dx5 robot, TF-100 wtih speedstir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Houston, TX

Re: New member - Abmorse1

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Re: New member - Abmorse1

Welcome to TFP!!!

Seriously, you have to pay extra if it happens to rain? Good riddance and congratulations on taking the first step to being in control of your pool.

If you have not found Pool School yet, start with these articles while you wait for the kit:
    ABCs of Water Chemistry
    Recommended Pool Chemicals
    How to Chlorinate Your Pool
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!