I have tried all I can to repair this and right now need suggestions from more experienced pool owners.
The first time I have owned a pool is the time I bought my house 1 year ago.
Problem: Water squirts out around the pool pump housing. Visible air bubbles come out pop up heads so air is
getting into the system.
12,000 gallon pebble tec finish pool built by Shasta in 1996.
Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE Filter (installed in 2012 by previous owner)
Pentair UltraFlow 1.5 hp pump (original to pool but serviced in 2012)
A&A QuikSkim skimmer
A&A Pop up heads
A&A water leveler
The old owner has the pool pump serviced in July 2012. On the list of parts is a new volute, new impeller, and various seals including the housing gasket.
What I have tried:
* Replaced the housing gasket and used silicone (the old one looked to be in good shape)
* Replaced pot to volute gasket (old one looked to be in good shape).
* Looked at the volute and the seal plate. I can't see any cracks.
* Removed the grids from the DE filter to see if it made a difference (improved but still leaks)
* Disconnected the section running cleaning heads to see how the water flows (flows fine and doesn't appear to have any issues)
Any other ideas what may be the issue?
I also don't appear to have a return going back to the pool. It goes to the pop up heads and appears to make it to the pool in that way or through the waterfall when it is on.
I am happy to submit pictures of the equipment and plumbing if that would help.