pvc fittings pushes back when using blue cement

Jan 3, 2010
Claremont california
HI,

I am working in a new 1.5 manifold for my 3 suction lines. In the process I am having difficulty with the elbow sweeps gluing to the sweep fittings. The main problems is that the sweeps would not glue properly as they push back as I am trying to hold them in place. For some reason, there is a lot of push back pressure from the fittings to the pipes. Do you happen to know how to solve this pressure problem? Can any one help me understand why this is happening? Since I am installing the Jandy valves to the sweeps I truly do not want to make a mistake because due to my limited space I do not want to ruin the valves in the process.

Please advice,
G.

a

Apply the primer, apply the glue put the pieces together and twist 1/4 turn and hold on and push them back together for about 15 seconds before you let go.

It pushes back because of chemiacal reaction between the glue and the pvc. That glue is not just an adhesive. Its similar to welding the pvc.

Apply the primer, apply the glue put the pieces together and twist 1/4 turn and hold on and push them back together for about 15 seconds before you let go.

It pushes back because of chemiacal reaction between the glue and the pvc. That glue is not just an adhesive. Its similar to welding the pvc.
+1 ... Although I tend to hold them for way too long. No wonder my arms hurt after some PVC DYI. I also instead twist slightly while pushing together and stop twisting when the piece bottoms out in the fitting.

Hi!

Thanks for getting back to me so very fast. The method you describe is the exact method I used to weld my joints. However, when pushing down in to the pipe the fittings would put an incredible resistance force? It was like someone is forcing air against my fittings. :(

G/

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.