Jandy Power Center Pump Wiring Advice

Jun 16, 2014
Phoenix AZ
I have an old Jandy PDA automation system. Here is a picture of the wiring:

For reference, let's number the relays as follows:
1 3 5 7
2 4 6
(Each relay has 2 control terminals on top and 2 pairs of Line/Load terminals on the bottom which I will call L1/O1 and L2/O2.)

Below are the circuit breakers, which I will number as:
1 3
2 4/5

Breakers 1 and 2 seem to be 20/20 double-pole breakers.
Breaker 3 seem to be 15/15 double-pole breaker.
Breakers 4 and 5 seem to be 15A single-pole breakers.

In the picture:
- Breaker1 connects directly to IntelliFlo VS (no relay and using pump built-in timer for automation) and also appears to power the heater (purple wires)
- Breaker2 connects to Relay2 which controls Infloor Cleaner Pump (AO Smith Motor K48L2PA101A1)
- Breaker3 connects to Relay4 which controls the Jet Spa Pump (MagneTek Motor Part 7-177452-03)
(Not completely sure what Breakers 4 and 5 power at the moment.)

The IntelliFlo VS is new and replaced a WhisperFlo Pump. I had a pool technician perform the installation but after he finished, I noticed that the Waterfall Pump no longer turns on.

Looking closely, I noticed that L1/L2 of Relay1 is jumpered to L1/L2 of Relay3. Relay1 appears to power a defunct SWG while Relay3 controls the Waterfall Pump (MagneTek Motor Part 8-184323-21).

I believe that Relay1 O1/O2 powered both the WhiserFlo and the SWG together since the "Filter Pump" button would turn on both previously. Since Breaker1 powered the Filter and Waterfall in the past, it seems that L1/L2 of Relay1 and Relay3 once connected to Breaker1.

In other words, previously, Breaker1 powered Relay1 which controlled the WhisperFlo and SWG together. Breaker1 also appears to power the Heater via the purple wires. Breaker1 also powered Relay3 which controls the Waterfall Pump. However during installation of the IntelliFlo, there is no longer any power to Relay1 and Relay3 and the IntelliFlo is directly powered.

So my question is basically how best to wire up Relay3 so that the waterfall can work again. Should I simply add jumpers so that L1/L2 of Relay3 also connects to Breaker1?

Also anything else to remark about my wiring setup that I should know and possibly change?

The OP is overly detailed so here is the TL;DR version:
I have an old Jandy RS automation system which cannot be used to control the IntelliFlo VS pump. So I am using the built-in controls for timing.
- Should the IntelliFlo pump be powered directly through a breaker (Breaker#1)?

I also have a waterfall pump that is controlled via Relay#3. This relay's "power inputs" were shorted to Relay#1 that used to control a WhiserFlo pump (now replaced by IntelliFlo and no longer used). The pool tech that installed the IntelliFlo disconnected the WhisperFlo relay and so the WaterFall pump relay is not powered as well.
- To power the waterfall relay, can I just add jumpers from Breaker#1 to Relay#3?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.