Coverstar Deckmount Pool cover fabric pulled free from one side

Aug 12, 2014
Acworth, Ga.
Hello All, I have a 9yr old 16X36' automatic Deckmount Coverstar pool cover (it's on top of the pool deck) that I found on Monday morning completely open down the left side. It has pulled free from the guide rail and is submerged in the water. The other side is also showing signs of stress and has started to pull free of its guide railing at places. There is too much weight for the booms and motor to handle to try to retract the cover as is and since its loose on one side, removing the water on top of it is not an option. I thought about removing the smaller non-motor boom, and letting it free float in the water and try to retract it but one side is still anchored the the deck and releasing it may bend the rails. Called Coverstar last year for rope replacement. Extremely expensive quote along with horror stories on internet provided motivation to DIY the job... sorry Coverstar fans.
The cover and side webbing that slides in the guides are not ripped yet so re-installing it should be somewhat easy. My main problem is retracting it for a end of year family pool party on 8/17. ANY help will be greatly appreciated.

- Les Richards

Attachments

• Pool Cover 1.jpg
    Pool Cover 1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Pool Cover 2.jpg
    Pool Cover 2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 40
Rmonile, thanks for your reply but my rope(s) didn't break. The fabric pulled out of the guide rails on one side. I was able to open it slightly and close it again because the ropes are still intact. Any experience with a side coming loose? I'm at a loss

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.