Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just Ran My Numbers

1. Back To Top    #1
    Bedford, KY

Just Ran My Numbers

I've been reading on here quite a bit and have been puck free since the end of June. I've had some ups and downs, but I think I have things dialed in. My CYA is high, but I've chosen not to bring that down because I have some maintenance to be done at the end of the season that will require me to lower the pool level. So here are my numbers. Btw, pool is clear, looks as good as it has all season.

FC: 8.5
    CC: 0
    PH: 8
    TA: 100
    CH: 150
    CYA: 80 (tested full and half strength)

Now, should I mess with the ph? Honestly I've never seen it high before. I do know target on FCC is 9 and I will be adding bleach later today. I've been holding around 9 by adding @ 64oz of 8.25% bleach/day. Is there anything else I should be doing or just stay the course?

24,000 Gallon IG vinyl pool (16x36x8) with Hayward S200 sand filter and Hayward pump and heat pump. Built August 2011. I use a Taylor K-2005 test kit with a K-1515 add on.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Just Ran My Numbers

Try to keep the pH in the 7s at all times.
    It is likely rising more now because you are not using acidic tablets which would lower the pH.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!