Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is this part for?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question What is this part for?

Previous owner thought it controlled the jets. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with them at all. I think its connected to the two pipes in the third picture. As far as i can tell those pipes don't seem to have a function.

This is my first pool so it might be obvious but my googlefu is failing me.

http://imgur.com/a/o53en this is the album I put together. I couldn't get the pictures to upload on this post.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is this part for?

Welcome to TFP!!!

It is a lot nicer if you post the images directly into the post so people do not have to click links to navigate to folders. Personally I rarely do it.
    That is a place to allow air to be sucked in when running the bench jets, so they act like spa jets. Likely there is a valve to turn those bench jets on and then unscrewing the thing in the beck adjusts the amount of air sucked in.

To post more pictures, you either need to raise your storage allotment by Becoming a TFP Supporter or follow the How To Post Pictures tutorial.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: What is this part for?

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Welcome to TFP!!!

It is a lot nicer if you post the images directly into the post so people do not have to click links to navigate to folders. Personally I rarely do it.
    That is a place to allow air to be sucked in when running the bench jets, so they act like spa jets. Likely there is a valve to turn those bench jets on and then unscrewing the thing in the beck adjusts the amount of air sucked in.

To post more pictures, you either need to raise your storage allotment by Becoming a TFP Supporter or follow the How To Post Pictures tutorial.
    This was exactly what it was. Second valve that was shut off at the pump. When i turned it on it functioned just like you said. Thanks.