Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cartridge Filter Cleaning

1. Back To Top    #1

Cartridge Filter Cleaning

OK, I used the recommended mixture of cascade dishwater soap & water to clean a pair of filters. 1st THANKS to whoever puts that info on the site main page !!!!!! My filters and PSI are almost at brand new levels..
    Saved me $250 large.

My dilemma is,, What the heck should i do with the 30 gallons of watered down pool dirty dishwater soap ??? Thought about spraying it on the lawn. Heard its OK to use on lawns, flowers and gardens.

Thanks in advance !!!!!
    20K gal, Fiberglass, 1.5 hp Century Pump, Sta-Rit System 3 Model PLM-100, 100 SQ Foot. Inline Frogger Chlorinater Mineral pack removed, adjusted the Chlorine pac to put in my own when on vacation. Liquid Pool Sanitizer,, BBB style.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cartridge Filter Cleaning

Pour down the sink in the garage or the utility sink, the toilet would also work. Not sure if your storm water drains into a body of water, so you might not want to do that.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks,,,
    I have a septic tank and leach bed that drains into lake erie. Pouring that amount is a no no. But at this point a cleaning agent in Lake Erie would probably help.lol

Did some research and will continue this morning but the few sites i found people are saying its good for the plants and soil when diluted but they are talking aout regular dish soap not automatic dishwasher soap like Cascade. Going to call the manufacturer and ask them.
    20K gal, Fiberglass, 1.5 hp Century Pump, Sta-Rit System 3 Model PLM-100, 100 SQ Foot. Inline Frogger Chlorinater Mineral pack removed, adjusted the Chlorine pac to put in my own when on vacation. Liquid Pool Sanitizer,, BBB style.

4. Back To Top    #4

A little soapy water wont hurt your grass at all...
    16 x 32 inground vinyl pool (21000 gallons) (new liner installed 2014)
    Hayward max flo pump w/ 1 HP AO Smith motor (new motor 2014)
    Hayward C1200 cartridge filter (new 2014)
    Hayward H150 heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Sminor View Post
    A little soapy water wont hurt your grass at all...
    Thanks,,, Have not found a single site saying its not good for lawns. Going to water the solution down even more and spread it on my side lawn first just to make sher.

Called the manufacturer and got someone from India.lol Nice lady but she new nothing, only that putting it on lawns is not on the recommended use list. Nice lady but was reading from a manual and had never been asked that question.

Perrysburg,,,,,, Im north of ya in Erie,MI out by the lake.