Vince-1961

Jul 1, 2014
St. Simons Island, GA
Swam in pool yesterday for hours very pleasantly. Got home late today, jumped in briefly. Now I itch like crazy and my eyes are burning. Going to bed w/o testing b/c I'm out of FC reagent. Thought the water smelled "chloriney" but didn't think twice about it. Was not in the water but for maybe 3 minutes.

Itch, scratch, itch, squeeze eyes shut. itch.

Will worry about it in a few hours after some sleep.

If you still have question after you run a full test, post results and we will help. Do you have an oto test kit? If not, you should be able to pick one up locally. It will tell you if you have any CL or not. If you post the rest of your test results, we can begin to consider them. You should have an oto test kit. It will relieve some demand for FAS-DPD testing once you understand your swg.

Didn't think new reagents would ever arrive, but they finally did. I've not been in pool since the itching post, but current test results are FC 8, CYA 90, TA 80, pH 7.2. So I put the aerator in and will let that run a while. Will dial SWG run time back from 8 hours/day to 4 hours/day. Looks like I overshot the mark a bit on CYA. As Forest Gump didn't really say, "splash out happens."

You shouldn't have too much of a prob with CYA at 90 as long as you keep your FC relative to it. Hopefully nothing will happen that makes it hard to slam until the "spalsh out" happens. Good one! LOL

I itch a little too. For me it's the salt that does it. Other people who've swam in my pool dont itch, so its not the water.
Ive I swim in the sea, I REALLY itch!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.