Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: itching

1. Back To Top    #1

itching

Swam in pool yesterday for hours very pleasantly. Got home late today, jumped in briefly. Now I itch like crazy and my eyes are burning. Going to bed w/o testing b/c I'm out of FC reagent. Thought the water smelled "chloriney" but didn't think twice about it. Was not in the water but for maybe 3 minutes.

Itch, scratch, itch, squeeze eyes shut. itch.

Will worry about it in a few hours after some sleep.
    Home pool: Intex 11,400 gallon AG vinyl pool with sand filter & SWG. Taylor K-2006 test kit - coastal Georgia. I'm also in charge of the Elk's Lodge Pool, which is 55,000 gallons in-ground concrete with sand filter, 2 HP Hayward pump, currently using tri-chlor pucks and cal-hypo system.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: itching

If you still have question after you run a full test, post results and we will help. Do you have an oto test kit? If not, you should be able to pick one up locally. It will tell you if you have any CL or not. If you post the rest of your test results, we can begin to consider them. You should have an oto test kit. It will relieve some demand for FAS-DPD testing once you understand your swg.
    16x32 DiamondBrite kidney, 12,500 gal. (circa 1985) 3/4hp Hayward SII, Harmsco BF84, Taylor K-2006, Hayward SwimPure Plus / Tcell-15
    Boca Roton, Fl. USA.

prior 17k gal. vinyl, Sand filter

3. Back To Top    #3

No oto test. Got Taylor k-2006. Haven't seen any test kits locally except useless test strips. pH this morning was 7.2, so I started the aerator. Didn't test anything else. Now it's time to hop on the NordicTrack b4 I go to work. UGH!
    Home pool: Intex 11,400 gallon AG vinyl pool with sand filter & SWG. Taylor K-2006 test kit - coastal Georgia. I'm also in charge of the Elk's Lodge Pool, which is 55,000 gallons in-ground concrete with sand filter, 2 HP Hayward pump, currently using tri-chlor pucks and cal-hypo system.

4. Back To Top    #4

Didn't think new reagents would ever arrive, but they finally did. I've not been in pool since the itching post, but current test results are FC 8, CYA 90, TA 80, pH 7.2. So I put the aerator in and will let that run a while. Will dial SWG run time back from 8 hours/day to 4 hours/day. Looks like I overshot the mark a bit on CYA. As Forest Gump didn't really say, "splash out happens."

5. Back To Top    #5

You shouldn't have too much of a prob with CYA at 90 as long as you keep your FC relative to it. Hopefully nothing will happen that makes it hard to slam until the "spalsh out" happens. Good one! LOL

I itch a little too. For me it's the salt that does it. Other people who've swam in my pool dont itch, so its not the water.
    Ive I swim in the sea, I REALLY itch!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

6. Back To Top    #6

Scratch that itch.
    IG Pebbletec Blue Tahoe; Paddock Pool PCC 2000 pop-up; 22,275 gal 32' x 16' Diving with Auto-Fill
    Pentair 420 Cartridge filter; 3 hp VS Whisperflo Main Drain, 1 1/2 hp Whisperflo Running Pop-Ups; Jandy AquaPure 1400
    1 1/2 Whisperflo dedicated to Rock Waterfall; TF-100; Taylor K-1766; Pool Built in 1997