Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool is flooded... help?!

1. Back To Top    #1

Macomb, MI

Pool is flooded... help?!

So we had 3" of rain today and my pool is overfull. Water is coming out of my skimmer, I'm thinking I don't need to do anything, but interested in your thoughts.
    14k gal, AG, 1hp waterway, sand, heat pump, 7/16/2014 install

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: Pool is flooded... help?!

Drain down to it's normal level and test the water. Rain usually doesn't mess up the chemicals, but folks seem to ignore testing when it rains. Test and adjust like normal.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Boca Raton, FL

Re: Pool is flooded... help?!

Take some of that extra water and backwash your sand filter. I would also dump water to waste rather than just letting it overflow. That way, you can direct where the water goes, to keep it away from the pools foundation.
    16x32 DiamondBrite kidney, 12,500 gal. (circa 1985) 3/4hp Hayward SII, Harmsco BF84, Taylor K-2006, Hayward SwimPure Plus / Tcell-15
    Boca Roton, Fl. USA.

prior 17k gal. vinyl, Sand filter