Red vs. Black overpressure valve.

savela

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2012
I currently own a Letro Legend cleaner and one of my little ones broke the housing coming out of the wall. Forced to take a trip to the pool store and, despite me telling them what I owned, said that the Polaris housing would suffice. Low and behold, my red overpressure valve wouldn't fit into the Polaris housing so I took a trip back and found it less expensive to simply purchase the overpressure valve that fits the new housing. The color of this one is black and I was told - no problem, no difference. Now, all is hooked up and the cleaner is working just fine BUT there is a trace about of water exiting the black valve as if it is over-pressured. No debris in my cleaner so I assume it is designed to open at a lower pressure but can't seem to find anything to support that.

2 questions - 1. Is there a difference between the red and black over-pressure valves and 2. Do I need to buy a new housing with a red valve that matches the one that was supplied with my unit?

TIA

steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.