Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Red vs. Black overpressure valve.

1. Back To Top    #1

Red vs. Black overpressure valve.

I currently own a Letro Legend cleaner and one of my little ones broke the housing coming out of the wall. Forced to take a trip to the pool store and, despite me telling them what I owned, said that the Polaris housing would suffice. Low and behold, my red overpressure valve wouldn't fit into the Polaris housing so I took a trip back and found it less expensive to simply purchase the overpressure valve that fits the new housing. The color of this one is black and I was told - no problem, no difference. Now, all is hooked up and the cleaner is working just fine BUT there is a trace about of water exiting the black valve as if it is over-pressured. No debris in my cleaner so I assume it is designed to open at a lower pressure but can't seem to find anything to support that.

2 questions - 1. Is there a difference between the red and black over-pressure valves and 2. Do I need to buy a new housing with a red valve that matches the one that was supplied with my unit?

15 K gal/gunnite, 600 gal attached SPA, Hayward: ProLogic, ColorLogic LED, Super II pumps, 400k BTU heater, StarClear cartridge filter for, SwimClear cartridge filter . Pentaire: booster

2. Back To Top    #2

Current: Singapore Previous: Clayton, Victoria, Australia

Re: Red vs. Black overpressure valve.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Lakeland, FL

Re: Red vs. Black overpressure valve.

Looks to be an E25 valve.

They don't specify spring strength. I'm thinking if you have dark fittings you'd want the dark valve and vice versa.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida