Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Red vs. Black overpressure valve.

1. Back To Top    #1

Red vs. Black overpressure valve.

I currently own a Letro Legend cleaner and one of my little ones broke the housing coming out of the wall. Forced to take a trip to the pool store and, despite me telling them what I owned, said that the Polaris housing would suffice. Low and behold, my red overpressure valve wouldn't fit into the Polaris housing so I took a trip back and found it less expensive to simply purchase the overpressure valve that fits the new housing. The color of this one is black and I was told - no problem, no difference. Now, all is hooked up and the cleaner is working just fine BUT there is a trace about of water exiting the black valve as if it is over-pressured. No debris in my cleaner so I assume it is designed to open at a lower pressure but can't seem to find anything to support that.

2 questions - 1. Is there a difference between the red and black over-pressure valves and 2. Do I need to buy a new housing with a red valve that matches the one that was supplied with my unit?

TIA

steve
    15 K gal/gunnite, 600 gal attached SPA, Hayward: ProLogic, ColorLogic LED, Super II pumps, 400k BTU heater, StarClear cartridge filter for, SwimClear cartridge filter . Pentaire: booster

http://www.troublefreepool.com/detai...l?hilit=corpus

2. Back To Top    #2

Current: Singapore Previous: Clayton, Victoria, Australia

Re: Red vs. Black overpressure valve.

Bump

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Red vs. Black overpressure valve.

Looks to be an E25 valve.
    http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/LegendOM.pdf

They don't specify spring strength. I'm thinking if you have dark fittings you'd want the dark valve and vice versa.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida