Thought I'd put this out there... was working very long days for about a week. Asked the nephew to watch the pool while I was unable.
UNFORTUNATELY he got carried away/ mistook the the Muriatic Acid for the Liquid Chlorine.
Bottom line... dropped my pH into the 5 range for a week. Put the nail in the coffin of my 10 yr old heater.
So now I know that I have a LOT of Copper in the pool. Sheen on the surface, blue-green coloring on skimmer sock, etc... even have what I believe is a "mass" of semi-solid material in the center of the pool on the bottom.
So... What's my best option for removing it? I've got the pH at 7.2, FC=3ppm, TA=90, CYA=70
Pulling the Nature 2 out as I believe the cartridge was damaged as well due to the acidic conditions.
Got a new heater ready for install but, before I do I'd like to have the whole pool clean and ready.
Thanks for any advice.