Are my levels okay?

Jojool

Aug 9, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Kinda new to the pool thing. We have an Intex 18'x52" above ground with a Sand Filter and SWG (CS8110). According to the not-so-good test strips, all is okay, even the pH is in range. According to test results done at Leslie's, the pH is high. Not sure what to do. I know Leslie's likes to sell product, it's their business, but I want the straight story on what we have to do. Pool is clear as a bell, but some staining on the side of the pool and I've already had to clean the Electrolytic Cell once. Have had the pool up and running for about 4 weeks now.

I live in Arizona, where the temps have been in the 100+ range for weeks. We've been swimming in the pool and no adverse effects, except for a friend of mine who itches when she gets out. Could it be the salt?

Here is the last set of test results, taken about 2 weeks ago. Leslie's is the one that did the testing.
FAC 2
TAC 2
SALT 4100
CYA 55
TA 120
pH 8.0

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm hoping you guys can help! :D

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Please add your location to your profile and the pool info into your "signature" as outlined here :lookhere: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/165-getting-started

With a SWG your CYA should be closer to 70 especially being in AZ.

The FC (chlorine) level is low. Here is a chart for how much FC you should have in your pool :lookhere: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock
It looks like you should be keeping your FC level at 4 and not below 3 to keep it clean and sanitary. Without the proper level of FC the pool can look nice and clear and clean but have stuff in it your don't want.

pH should be lower. 7.8 is the upper end of acceptable but 7.2-7.4 is easier on the eyes. Not below 7.2 though.

That salt level seems kind of high, do you know what your SWG calls for ?? Owners say the SWGs seem to work better when the salt level is closer to the SWGs upper operating limit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.