Getting started - Intex 16x48

tstap

Aug 11, 2014
Campbell, CA
We are just starting up out Intex pool.
THe pp0ol is filled and we followed the instructions for the Intex SWG and salt is dissolving in the pool at this time.

Pool:

Intex 16x48 Ultra - 5,016 Gal
Pump: Intex 635T
SWG: Intex cs8110

There are 125 lbs of salt in the pool per the cs8110 instructions. The salt went in yesterday afternoon.

we only have the test kit the came with the SWG (real simple), but we will be ordering the TF-100 test kit this week.

I will follow the instructions for the SWG and start it when I know the salt has dissolved.
I plan to follow the SWG instructions for adding CYA after the generator has run.

Is there anything you would add/change to this process so far?

I will not have any test results for a couple of days, but will post them here.

My basic questions really start with this:

I see that some say you should put bleach in the pool when SLAMing, or to raise the chlorine level. Is this just something like Chlorox bleach, or is this something I need to buy from a pool supply store.

I know one would need test results to know this, but, typically, how much bleach (gallon jugs) go into a pool to help with chlorine levels?
I guess I would be looking for examples like 5000 Gal pool has X amount FC and to raise it level Y you would need to use N gal of bleach. Is there a table/calculator for that here?

I will post further info after testing the water.

Thanks,
Tom

Thank you!

I bought some HDX stabilizer at the Home Depot. THe label says it is 99% pure. The SWG manual says to add 1.3 pounds.
I just started running the SWG tonight.
Should I put the CYA in tomorrow morning? We will have to stay out of the pool another 24 hours while adding the CYA, right?

Also,

Does it matter that the pool cover is ON while I am adding the CYA?
(this is my first thread here so I am feeling free to ask silly questions).

Added CYA last night. It appears to be dissolving.
I am running the filter a lot. Should it just be on all the time, or are there preferred cycle times?

Would it make sense to test the water at this stage with the basic strips that came with the SWG? There is a iron strip, and 3-way strip with pH, Alk, and free chlorine?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.