Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris... Too much H2O pressure?????

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris... Too much H2O pressure?????

Seems like all of a sudden my booster pump has kicked into overdrive and putting out way too much pressure. Is this possible? What could cause this? It is now so powerful that it pushes the screen filter that is inside the wall connection down into the hose... And the Polaris runs really fast... Thanks for the help..
    18x36 IG vinyl liner, sand filter, approx 26500 gals, Aquabot pool cleaner
    Loving my pool, thanks to the BBB method :)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris... Too much H2O pressure?????

Mine has a screen on the connector that connects to the pool wall which prevents over pressure I think. I need to clean out the screen every once in a while. I also have PVC valves installed in front of my booster pump which has a parallel section to avoid it which has another PVC valve where my slide outlet pipes go. I have to tweak these as the season goes on and my cartridge filter pressure changes.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sydney, Australia

Re: Polaris... Too much H2O pressure?????

behind the wall fitting, where the hose connects to the wall, is a Blue or Red re-stricter disc with a small hole in it, about 1/4 - 3/8". this helps reduce the pressure into the cleaner. if missing you may need to fit a new one.
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.