Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new pool filter

1. Back To Top    #1

new pool filter

I'm looking to ditch the cartridge filter that came with my pool. I have been dealing with a green pool for 3 weeks now and mine just isn't clearing it. I have been keeping the chlorine level high. Currently I am SLAMMING it. 3 days of 24/7 running my filter and it hasn't changed a bit. Any recommendations on a good filter for a 18x48 Ultra frame intex pool that won't cost an arm and a leg but will clear my pool?
    18x48 ultra frame AG Intex pool 6423 gallons
    Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump Model SF70110
    Test kit - TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

new pool filter

So exactly what hasn't changed ? Your filter isn't going to rid or kill the algae. All the filter is going to do is filter out the dead algae. I've seen the same filter do the job on intex pools.
    SLAMing the pool correctly is going kill the algae.
    Can you post up a full set of test results and what test kit you got them with. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: new pool filter

I use the TF-100
    FC 17
    CC .5
    PH 7.8
    Calcium 50
    TA 100
    CYA 40
    Well a little bit has changed the bottom isn't as green. It's more the water that doesn't look like it's clearing as quick as I'd like. I just assumed if I got a better filter it would clear quicker. I know the ones that come with the pools aren't big enough from what I'm told.
    Test kit - TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

You just said it. It's not clearing as quick as you like. The pool will clear, you just have to be patient. It's a marathon not a sprint.
    Your test results look good. Maintain the shock level as best you can. That will speed the process. Your PH is invalid due to the high FC level.
    There was a thread where the OP was having your same problem. Let me see if I can find it as they were given advice on helping the filter out. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you... I'm more in the rush so I don't have to run the filter 24/7 anymore.
    Test kit - TF-100

6. Back To Top    #6

new pool filter

Ok here we go. http://www.troublefreepool.com/showpost.php?p=691356. Take a look at post # 33. You need to run filter 24/7 regardless. 😎
    Jeff

7. Back To Top    #7

So what your saying is whether it is green or not I have to run it 24/7? I always did it 6 hours a day like the directions told me. Maybe that's why I ended up in this mess. Thank you for the link.
    Test kit - TF-100

8. Back To Top    #8

Only while your SLAMing run it 24/7. Otherwise run it normally. You got algae because your FC levels dropped below your min. 😎
    Jeff

9. Back To Top    #9

got it. I'll be patient. Save my money on the new filter for now and play the waiting game and watch it clear up on it's own.
    Test kit - TF-100

10. Back To Top    #10

We are now on over a week of running my filter 24/7 and slamming it. Pool is still the same light green and cloudy. Levels are still all the same as they were prior. Any other suggestions on what I can do to clear this cloudiness up?
    Test kit - TF-100