Numbers good but need PH help???

Flatlander

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 5, 2012
Oklahoma City
I am adding 1/2 gal of acid (MA) every 4-7 days to maintain 7.5-7.8, any ideas what to do?

FC 3.5
CC 0
PH 8.2 (currently, will be adding another 1/2 gal MA)
CH 300
TA 80
CYA 65
Salt 3800

CYA could be a little higher but I am worried to add more conditioner and CYA get too high. I am running pump 12hr/day with SWG at 50%.
Water has been clear since initial filling. :)
Thanks

Your plaster is only three months old? I would test and adjust a little more often so it doesn't get so high. Looking at your signature you have a lot of things happening to aerate the pool in addition to the curing gunite. pH is going to rise.

What he said, test daily or every other. If you are reading 8.2 you are at the top of the range and might actually be a little or a lot higher. Since you don't know how high it is you should make an adjustment, let it mix for 30 minutes and test again to make sure it's come down to your target.

You can expect it to be using a lot of acid the first 6 to 12 months. Smaller more frequent additions would be easier on the plaster. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.