I'm completely new at owning a pool (2-months) and have lurked these boards for answers since, but this one I'm just not sure...
Over the past few days the water has become tinted green. I had the water tested at Leslie's Pool and the chlorine level was down (the man at the store suggested shocking the pool) and the phosphate level was up (500) in which he suggested increasing my weekly addition of Natural Chemistry's PHOSfree from 1.5 cap-fulls to two.
a. With the liquid chlorine I've got, how many ounces is required to 'shock' the pool? (I've only been adding what I believe is now the routine maintenance amount of around 13 oz a for a 9,000 gallons).
b. Is there other actions I should be taking (or chemicals to be adding) in addition to the chlorine addition and PHOSfree?