Dolphin DX4 Power Supplies

We are in our pool's third season, and have had the power supply for our Dolphin DX4 replaced three times.

And now...the power supply has died again. Plug it in...no lights...nothing, no matter what buttons are pressed. (Yes...checked the outlet, and there's power there).

The power supply that died was just replaced in the March/April timeframe. I will be contacting the pool supply store to see if it's still under warranty or not.

Is this something that's a common problem with these pool cleaners? I'm happy when the robot works...but frustrated the power supply dies as often as what I'm seeing. Do these things not like to be kept outside? Am I supposed to bring it in when it rains or something?

Needless to say, when this unit gets replaced (may be sooner rather than later!) there's no way I'll get a Dolphin robot cleaner.

Gtemkin...yes, I see there are some other posts dealing with the same issue.

So...from what I'm able to gather, it is a known problem that water gets inside the power supply and shorts it out. But...if one goes to the Maytronics site, there are no covers available for them. And, seriously...we're supposed to bring them inside to avoid rain?

I haven't heard back from my pool store yet, but there may be a Polaris 9450/9550 ordered soon....

My Dolphin 4 lost 3 power supplies in just a matter of 2 or 3 months after the purchase. The last one has lasted 3 years though.

Maytronics gives conflicting info on the power supply and weather. In many places, they say they are weatherproof. But then in the manual it says to not leave it in the rain.

If you leave it in the sun, the power button starts to dry rot after a few years.

I have a cover for my Weber kettle. I'm going to take it down and see if it fits over the cart for my Dolphin today.

Don't know if you solved this problem. This happened to us finally after TOTAL disassembly I strap from goggles was stuck in the track wheel, box was not turning on due to a mechanism that will not let it begin when this happens m

Maytronics said they wouldn't warranty the power supply that was replaced this spring because the robot is out of warranty. Ended up buying a new power supply from inyopool, as it was a whole lot less than replacing the robot. Also picked up a grill cover I will use to cover the caddy/power supply...hopefully the cover will keep this one working for at least a couple more years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.