Neighborhood Kids

Yeah, at the beginning of the season I was a little perplexed as to how to handle this as well. It finally came down to it not being mentioned or them being invited. The little heathern boy next door broke one of the slats in the privacy fence that I paid for (and his father had said he would split with me...6 years ago and never has!) and they have yet to fix that. :grrrr: So, I figured if they weren't going to pay for a $3 piece of wood, they certainly wouldn't replace the liner when (not IF) he slit it. I just don't want to take the chance. I don't need nor want the headache of it all. So I decided not to even start something that I know I would have to put a stop to. So far so good. They don't speak as much as before, but like karenh...WHO CARES???!!!

I lost a friend due to our pool once. We were going to go swimming, but it was going to be a "family swim" just my mom, dad, sister and me. I asked if he could swim too and I was told no, I told him that and he left. I haven't talked to him since. This wasn't just a sort of friend either, we were like best friends back then. Nearly everyday we did stuff together, sleepovers all the time... Oh well, I don't miss him, I have new friends, who don't Defriend me if they can't come swimming once out of all the times they've been here.

Adam

Count me lucky, our neighborhood has hardly any kids my daughter's age.

We did have a BDay party for her several years ago. I specifically invited child and parent, stating on invitation that if kids swim a parent must stay. Well, I guess one well educated family couldn't read, and tried to drop off their daughter. I stayed firm, saying these truly magnificent words........."my insurance company has advised me that non-resident children must be watched by their parent/guardian". Total BS, but it has worked miracles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.