Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BestWay above ground LEAK! help please :D

1. Back To Top    #1

BestWay above ground LEAK! help please :D

IMG_7950.jpg

Any advice?? Currently we have a brick leaned up against the inside (of the pool wrapped in towels) to put pressure on the lining that the drain plug is attached too. The Plastic ring around the drain plug - as soon as we push against it the pool stops leaking

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ADVICE

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: BestWay above ground LEAK! help please :D

I had this problem too, I ended up putting a large patch over the entire drain assy inside the pool. Nothing much else you can do other than put a big patch over the inside. Trying from the outside on its own is a waste of your time, I know all about that one.
    Is it still on warranty? I had mine replaced under warranty for it, keep all your pictures if so.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

3. Back To Top    #3

pool.jpg

This is our current temporary fix...
    Hmm, we bought this used from a lady that used it for a month - We had it set up for 5 days and this happened. Boo, this sucks

4. Back To Top    #4

I am trying to add another photo, but it isn't allowing me too??
    Darrel B;

When they replaced it through warranty what part did they send? Maybe I can buy that part?

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear1201 View Post
    I am trying to add another photo, but it isn't allowing me too??
    Darrel B;

When they replaced it through warranty what part did they send? Maybe I can buy that part?
    They sent me entire new liner. Had to cut out the emblem and send that to them as proof before they shipped. It was fairly quick, less than 2 weeks for the entire process until I had my new pool liner.

They will give you all the return instructions you need, just contact them.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

6. Back To Top    #6

IMG_4040.jpg

Here is the small leak at this point using the brick!

I am hoping we don't have to drain all this water out, it is so expensive and I convinced my fiance that we needed the pool and now I am eating my words cause he is not too happy seeing this.

Thanks again for listening

7. Back To Top    #7

See if you can get the bill of sale from the lady you bought it from, you will need that to send to them as well.

- - - Updated - - -

A large patch and glue will set you back less than $20. Get to the pool store and get a 12" square patch and some underwater glue.

- - - Updated - - -

This was mine before they replaced the liner for me. Had this leak right away 1st day. Unfortunately I do not have a photo of the patch on the inside.

8. Back To Top    #8

Just my luck the lady I bought it from doesn't have her receipt! I am totally up that creek without a paddle. This is one of those times I lost out on $500
    Only thing I know is she bought it from canadian tire.

9. Back To Top    #9

OH.........they will have a record of it there! Find out which store, and ask her if she would help you get a copy.
    it's not a waste, just patch it from the inside, don't worry about using the drain to empty it, I never use it. I used mine for the entire season before submitting it for warranty.

10. Back To Top    #10

What about cutting out the drain and putting in a return and plugging it? Something to that effect might work.
    Intex 15'x42" Metal Frame pool 4200 GAL with Intex SWG. TF-100 test kit. Our Pool Install Thread

In Work! Master Spas Legend Series LSI 557 3-4 person Hot Tub, 230 GAL using bromine to sanitize it. Hot Tub Install Thread

11. Back To Top    #11

First of all I would contact Canadian Tire and see if they will replace it under warranty. See if original purchaser will assist you in that. They may be able to go back in their records if they payed by Card or check and get a date.
    If that doesn't work, I would try and patch it from the inside, because assuming our pools are somewhat similar (15' vs 18'), there should be two drain plugs on opposite sides of the pool.
    As a last resort if you google "bulkhead fitting" and get one of these in 2" , then use a Threaded PVC plug to plug it off as Blacklisted has suggested. I say this is a last resort because it requires you to cut the liner to install this fitting. If this is your choice, have someone on the inside with a mixing bowl or bucket covering the cutout to keep from loosing any water.
    Randy H.

Intex 18' X 48"
    G.A.M.E. Sandpro 75 Sand Filter (Single Speed 3/4 HP, 75 lbs sand, 2650 GPH, 7-way valve)

12. Back To Top    #12

Strange.........I am sure the other posts cover all this..........just poking, but glad to see others on same page.

Quote Originally Posted by one_knight4u View Post
    First of all I would contact Canadian Tire and see if they will replace it under warranty. See if original purchaser will assist you in that. They may be able to go back in their records if they payed by Card or check and get a date.
    If that doesn't work, I would try and patch it from the inside, because assuming our pools are somewhat similar (15' vs 18'), there should be two drain plugs on opposite sides of the pool.
    As a last resort if you google "bulkhead fitting" and get one of these in 2" , then use a Threaded PVC plug to plug it off as Blacklisted has suggested. I say this is a last resort because it requires you to cut the liner to install this fitting. If this is your choice, have someone on the inside with a mixing bowl or bucket covering the cutout to keep from loosing any water.

13. Back To Top    #13

Hmm, Did you have to send the liner back to them? Is that why you used it the whole summer? I was kinda thinking that is a good idea - keep using the leaky one till summers end and then you will have a new dry liner to store? The lady has not returned my texts, awesome huh?
    The liners are over $200 to buy and I called yesterday and they are sold out but may have some for available for warranty
    Unfortunately this model of 15' does not have 2 drains
    Thank you for all your advice - still figuring out what I should do. **** wish I had a receipt...

14. Back To Top    #14

Why not just patch the leak as has been suggested? This seems to be the least stressful and costly option.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

15. Back To Top    #15

I had to cut out the logo and send that back as proof. None of the pools have more than one drain, but you do not need it anyways. You can drain as much as possible with the pump, and then the rest with a garden hose as a siphon. Or rent a small utility pump and it will done in a few hours.