5 year old hayward heater

ozone

Aug 10, 2014
Pittsburgh
Swim Pro by Hayward Heater ABG1001 after 5 years of great performance has started repeatedly firing up then flame goes off and cold air blows. noticed repeated pop of flame coming on over and over. Similar replacement is $677 on Amazon. Should I just be glad I got 5 good years and drop the $677 for a replacement? Or does repair make any sense for a 5 year old unit.

update......i took it apart which was fun and educational. but i find that water is dripping down onto the burners. which i assume means the heat ex-changer is damaged? so do i stop now and order a new heater? or is it possible to repair the leak?

new exchanger $380.......whole new heater $677.......heater is 5 years old so i am going with the new heater. thanks all for the education! i now understand how a pool heater works and what the insides look like and how to clean the burners on my new heater ;-)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.