Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water fall

1. Back To Top    #1

Water fall

Starting to notice little bit of algae that has a green color on parts of the moss rock water fall, not bad. Is this common for moss rock water falls? We have no issues with algae in the pool. Should I be concerned? Best way to get rid a of it? Brush it?

One more question, we just built and filled in Mach, best way to rid the white line of calcium that has started to show on tile? Any chemical to help with brushing it?
    San Antonio TX 14K Gal in ground free form jandy vs pump with DE filter polaris cleaning system with auto feed chlorinater, JandyJXi400N natural gas heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water fall

Can anyone help with this?
    San Antonio TX 14K Gal in ground free form jandy vs pump with DE filter polaris cleaning system with auto feed chlorinater, JandyJXi400N natural gas heater

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Everything about water chemistry begins with test results. Can you post a current, complete set?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

If your water chemistry can handle the addition of muratic acid then that can be diluted and used to clean the tile line. My pool had extreme effervescence which included little volcanoes of calcium on many grout lines. I picked up a Purity Pool OS Out Spot Stain Remover and used it to apply full strength muratic acid to the spots and slowly remove them. This is not a scrub brush, but can only be used to apply the acid to specific locations.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon