Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Timer not working

1. Back To Top    #1

Timer not working

Neither the pins nor the manual on/off lever are working to control my filter & pump. I'm having to manually turn the breaker on and off to turn these on, which also controls my waterfall. The timer does seem to be working (as in, keeping time) but isn't controlling anything! Feels like this should be something simple, but I don't know what the fix is. Tried taking off the blue panel (pic below) but everything looked normal as far as my (untrained) eye could see.
    Any help appreciated!image.jpg
    23500 gal, SWG, DE filter, pebble, spa, waterfall - I'm sure I'm forgetting something else you need to know!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Timer not working

Has it worked in the past? (silly question I know...)

wondering if the timer relay is fused in the on position, in which case it is time for a new timer.
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, it has worked since we bought the house in January it is always "on" so sounds like you may be right.
    23500 gal, SWG, DE filter, pebble, spa, waterfall - I'm sure I'm forgetting something else you need to know!

4. Back To Top    #4

If you are handy with a VOM you could probably figure it what needs replacing in the timer. If not I would just replace the whole timer mechanism. Should be under $100
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit