Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My Stenner install

1. Back To Top    #1

My Stenner install

Been up an running 2 weeks. I must say, this is the greatest thing ever! I have the 45MHP22 (22 gallons/day). I am currently injecting for 10 minutes every 2 hours x 4 feedings per day. The last feeding at 6pm, I run for 15 minutes. Figure I lose maybe 1-2 ppm overnight and until the 1st feeding at 10am. My pool pump starts @ 9am and feeding times are 10, 12, 2, 4, 6. Pool pump down at 7:30pm. Anytime I check the chlorine level, I am pulling a a solid 4 ppm, which is spot on. Went with the 45MHP22 so i could inject at full speed multiple times per day, that way I keep a steady chlorine level. Got the 15 gallon barrel at the local cleaners. They get laundry soap in them. Got mine for $5.00 just make sure you wash it out really well.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My Stenner install

3. Back To Top    #3

Nice! I've got the same Woods timer. Zero problems with it injecting 16 times a day @ 4 minutes per.
    18' x 33' AGP
    16,715 gal.
    200 lb. Sand Filter w/Hayward PowerFlo MATRIX 1.5 H.P. 2 Spd. pump
    Stenner Injection Pump System

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice job. I would keep a eye on the temps in your enclosure. The stenner pumps have a fan and do give off a little heat.
    Screen enclosed 17K gal 16x30 IG with Diamond Brite finish, elevated 4 jet spa with spill over, Twin dolphin fountain, Hayward Ecostar pump[ Pentair intelliflo VS, Filter Sta rite Posi-Flo PTM 100, Aqua Cal heat pump, Tiger Shark QC robotic cleaner.
    Stenner peristaltic pump model 45MPHP10, 15 gal storage tank. TF 100 with Speed Stir.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks, for the info. Maybe i should drill some holes in the box in the bottom and side to release some heat?

6. Back To Top    #6

I would. Most of the stenner pumps have a maximum operating temperature 125 F
    Screen enclosed 17K gal 16x30 IG with Diamond Brite finish, elevated 4 jet spa with spill over, Twin dolphin fountain, Hayward Ecostar pump[ Pentair intelliflo VS, Filter Sta rite Posi-Flo PTM 100, Aqua Cal heat pump, Tiger Shark QC robotic cleaner.
    Stenner peristaltic pump model 45MPHP10, 15 gal storage tank. TF 100 with Speed Stir.

7. Back To Top    #7

Will do, thanks for the advice!

8. Back To Top    #8

Would that wiring meet code? Looks like you just have the timer plugged into an outlet with the weather cover open? I've been looking at ways to do this on my own setup, but I would not think this is acceptable.
    30,000 plaster in-ground pool with spa; 2.5HP single speed Centurion pump; Raypak RP2100 propane heater; Polaris 280 with pump, waterfall with separate pump, Triton II commercial sand filter; TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

9. Back To Top    #9

Are you ok with that barrel? Bleach is UV sensitive and that barrel isn't doing much to block it....

-Denny
    IG gunite 20k Gal (estimate), Nautilus NS-60 filter (D.E.), Single speed pump (unreadable nameplate - assume 1HP) on a crappy mechanical timer.
    And a worn-out Kreepy Kraully. TF-100.