Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fiber Clear and frequent backwashing

1. Back To Top    #1

Fiber Clear and frequent backwashing

This post was split from Fiber Clear . Zea3

I'm on my first season of FiberClear. So far, it seems to be doing a better job, as I haven't had the occasional algae problems I have every summer when the water gets warm. That's a plus. What I hate is that I'm backwashing the filter every 2 weeks (and if I don't, the pressure gets to the point where when my pump is on low, there isn't enough flow to trigger the SWG).
    Southern CA 30K gal Pebble Pentair WhisperFlo 1HP 2 speed Hayward DE6020 filter Paramount Debris Canister Goldline/Hayward AquaRite Pro SWG (T-CELL 15) Sense & Dispense (acid) Paramount Debris Canister Pentair IntelliBrite 5G and GloBrite Inter-Fab G-Force slide Jandy deck jets Lion head spout Dolphin Premier Cleaner Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fiber Clear and frequent backwashing

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    [I'm on my first season of FiberClear. So far, it seems to be doing a better job, as I haven't had the occasional algae problems
    The filter shouldn't really have anything to do with algae. Algae is a chemistry issue not a filter issue.

What I hate is that I'm backwashing the filter every 2 weeks (and if I don't, the pressure gets to the point where when my pump is on low, there isn't enough flow to trigger the SWG).
    Better filter media = more frequent cleaning. But 2 weeks seems pretty short for a 60 sq-ft filter. Are you sure you still don't have chemistry issues? Post a FULL set of test results.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater