New Pool working on balance

Hi there thank you everyone in advance. This is a great site and a great community.
Well I just finished my pool build last month and I have been focused on getting the water perfect and maintaining it.

Here are my test results from my TFT-100
FC - 2.5
CC - 0
CYA - 30
PH - 7.4
TA - 66
CH - 150

Notes
FC - Pool builder is recommending 1.5 FC and 60 CYA. Based on my reading here that would be setting myself up for disaster as the CYA levels would render my Chlorine ineffective to perform its job of sanitizing my pool.

CYA Raided it today from 16 to 30 and I intend to continue to raise it up slowly through the month of August to 60

PH - has been rising everyday for the last month I've use 4 gallons of acid so far bringing it back down the rise seems too be slowing since the TA has come down

TA - Was over 100 but has slowly dropped as I have been knocking the PH down.

CH - Well my hose water measured 75ppm. My pool was at 100 and I just added 15lbs of Calcium Chloride and it went up to 150. I will add more this week end and jump it up another 50ppm

Over all water is clear and little bubbly when you jump in but my SWG doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the Chlorine depletion everyday. I seem to need to add Chlorine everyday just to keep it in the 2 range. Hopefully now that I have raised the CYA up it will be able to start keeping up.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Manny

Your SWG is having a hard time keeping up with maintaining FC because of the low CYA level for it. There's not enough protection from the sun at your current level. For a SWG we recommend the CYA level to be 70-80. Until you reach that CYA level manually dose with bleach.
Take your CYA level up in steps so you don't over shoot the level. Remember each CYA addition will not fully register on a test for up to week. So just assume the new level you shot for is there and keep adjusting your FC level accordingly. When your CYA level hits 60 you can start up the SWG.
Stay on top of your PH as you seem to be doing. Your FC is .5 ppm from its min. Get it up to 4.
Forgot to mention the PB recommending an FC of 1.5 for a CYA level of 60 is BS. You seem to understand this. Good job ! ?

Thanks Jeff
CYA is up to 40 I am going to wait a week to check it again
FC - is at 4

I have been using Leslie's Chlor Brite Sanitizer 1lb packets to Bump my FC up each day. I am aware it has Cyanuric acid in it. I was hoping it would help slowly increase my CYA levels. I am going to move to liquid Chlorine until I can get a reading next week. Is there a granular Chlorine that comes in 1lb packets? I will be going out of town next week and I think it will be easier to add to the pool than the liquid for my wife.

Thanks again for your help.

Not that I know of. Other than bottles Muriatic acid and Chlorine I have also added Pool Conditioner granules from Leslie to get my CYA up to 40. Other than that just the Chlor-Brite. Where can you find the MSDS on Leslie's products?

Thanks

I found the MSDS for conditioner. No Copper.... Strange

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.