Dfw
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I was adding boric acid slowly to pool (couple scoops every other day). I threw in my last needed scoop right after I added my dosage of bleach. I searched high and low and didn't see anyone post any warnings about adding them at the same time. Is this an ok move or should I have waited an hour? Also it was impossible to keep those pea sized clumps of boric acid from resting on the floor of my vinyl pool. I brushed as best as possible but it was getting pretty dark out, some May have rested on the bottom all night. Are there any known issues with boric acid clumps hurting the liner? All in all I can't believe I waited this long to add borates to my pool!

We just generally give the advice about spacing chemical dosing apart, but chlorine and boric acid aren't items that would be of serious concern adding them back-to-back.

As for boric acid sitting on the liner, it is slightly acidic, but less so than Cyanuric Acid and much less than Trichlor. If you had one of those dark plaster pools whose dye is sensitive, then that would be more of a concern. Also, with a vinyl liner, it's not just fading, but acid weakens the material. Again, for boric acid the risk is low, but do brush the area when it's light again if you see any still undissolved at the bottom (or just brush the bottom anyway just to get water circulating down there).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.