Plumbing leak, 2 of 4 jets turned off.

Mar 12, 2013
Cayman Islands
Our pool is about 20' by 40', it has two return jets in the shallow end and two in the deep end. We've had the shallow ones turned off for several months now because there is a leak in the pipes somewhere. My boss is concerned that the lack of circulation will cause algae problems, among other things.
I spoke with a local pool contractor who is going to do some work for us this fall and he said this is a big problem and a fairly easy fix.
Anyone care to chime in with an opinion of how bad of shape we're in?

Thanks!:)

If you keep your FC levels in the right range, you should be ok. If you are concerned that the working returns are not making it to the shallow end, then take your FC readings near the dead returns and set FC levels based upon that test.

Is this a commercial pool? What is your current run time?

Yes, this is a commercial pool for a small 10 room resort. We don't get a lot of swimmers, usually a couple of people per day. The run time for the filter is about 14 hours per day.

I'll do my testing at the shallow end and see how we go. Thanks for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.