You think i need to put a fence around the the pool equipments.

jojoman

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 24, 2014
Mandeville,La
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
They came and did the plumbing, set pads and installed the pool equipment yesterday(i need to go take some pics and update the build still). My wife thinks we need to extented our existing fence do people will not fool with the pool equipment/setting on said equipment. Has anybody had problems like that? Most people what to hide the equipment from what i have seen. They set the pads so close to the A/C pad that their is no way i can get a fence(my main fence that is) between the pads. That means i will have to go in front of the A/C pad which will be a major pain because of landscape drains from two yards are running in that area. Plus my neighbor added about 7 feet of fence on his side to my existing fence, so now i will need to add about 8 feet to his existing extention. Would look stupid i think. I was thinking of putting a small fence around the equipment like i have seen my people do. I'm going to take some pics and post them here soon.

Sorry, but your post makes absolutely no sense without pictures. If it is just the equipment that is currently open to the public, then personally I would want a way to keep people from stealing or vandalizing it. If your pool has access to it, then you definitely need a way to keep small children from wandering in to it.

Sorry i thought that might be the case.
ejebereg.jpg
qa9yvaru.jpg
age7yqym.jpg
I wanted to put fence back where it was orginally and just put up a small fence around the pool equipment. Back on the two 4X4's i never took down.

i would run a small 4 ft picket/privacy fence around it. would look better and in all honesty...how many folks (kids) are walking by looking to steal pool equipment?? lol...esp in Mandeville?

i agree, running the 8 ft farther down the side of your home would look goofy as **** :cheers:

Wow dumb move by PB. I would go with with small fence. I would be tempted to make the PB move it so you could put the fence between the AC and the equipment but on the other hand you are probably to close to the AC as it is. Most compressors call for 2 ft of clearance.

I would have BOTH the pool stuff and the AC inside the fence. I might even put in a gate with a lock on that side for easy access to allowed people.

Theft and messing with being the top two reasons.

If you want to "hide" it all from the back yard I like the idea of the simple picket fence or the white PVC fencing/cover up. BUT it needs to be easy to get through/take up for service and such.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The small fence with a gate was my idea but the wife don't want either,she wants it all behind the fence. I'm going to bite the bullet and put it in front of the A/C unit. Talking to others at work, the A/C unit needs about 2 feet of clearance to work right. Heck,maybe being behind the shade of a fence in the afternoon will help the A/C unit.So that only leaves putting it in front of everything and more work and rerouting landscape drainage too. Yes indeed, more work as always.

They came and did the plumbing, set pads and installed the pool equipment yesterday(i need to go take some pics and update the build still). My wife thinks we need to extented our existing fence do people will not fool with the pool equipment/setting on said equipment. Has anybody had problems like that? Most people what to hide the equipment from what i have seen. They set the pads so close to the A/C pad that their is no way i can get a fence(my main fence that is) between the pads. That means i will have to go in front of the A/C pad which will be a major pain because of landscape drains from two yards are running in that area. Plus my neighbor added about 7 feet of fence on his side to my existing fence, so now i will need to add about 8 feet to his existing extention. Would look stupid i think. I was thinking of putting a small fence around the equipment like i have seen my people do. I'm going to take some pics and post them here soon.

I would just plant some nice healthy shrubs. I have always lived by the model out of sight out of mind, $60 bucks and 30 minutes done!!!!! Plus you won't be able to see your equipment from the house or from the street.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.