Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: You think i need to put a fence around the the pool equipments.

1. Back To Top    #1

You think i need to put a fence around the the pool equipments.

They came and did the plumbing, set pads and installed the pool equipment yesterday(i need to go take some pics and update the build still). My wife thinks we need to extented our existing fence do people will not fool with the pool equipment/setting on said equipment. Has anybody had problems like that? Most people what to hide the equipment from what i have seen. They set the pads so close to the A/C pad that their is no way i can get a fence(my main fence that is) between the pads. That means i will have to go in front of the A/C pad which will be a major pain because of landscape drains from two yards are running in that area. Plus my neighbor added about 7 feet of fence on his side to my existing fence, so now i will need to add about 8 feet to his existing extention. Would look stupid i think. I was thinking of putting a small fence around the equipment like i have seen my people do. I'm going to take some pics and post them here soon.
    12K gal, custom flipped kidney bean with spillover spa. All Pentair equipment, Whisperflo 1 1/2 HP, 400K BTU heater, Intellichlor IC 40 SWG, CCP-320 Cartridge filters, Kreepy Krauly pool cleaner with bootster pump, QuartzScapes in Aruba Sky blue, LED lights and travertine tiles for decking and stones on rear edge for landscaping. TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: You think i need to put a fence around the the pool equipments.

Sorry, but your post makes absolutely no sense without pictures. If it is just the equipment that is currently open to the public, then personally I would want a way to keep people from stealing or vandalizing it. If your pool has access to it, then you definitely need a way to keep small children from wandering in to it.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3

Sorry i thought that might be the case. I wanted to put fence back where it was orginally and just put up a small fence around the pool equipment. Back on the two 4X4's i never took down.
    12K gal, custom flipped kidney bean with spillover spa. All Pentair equipment, Whisperflo 1 1/2 HP, 400K BTU heater, Intellichlor IC 40 SWG, CCP-320 Cartridge filters, Kreepy Krauly pool cleaner with bootster pump, QuartzScapes in Aruba Sky blue, LED lights and travertine tiles for decking and stones on rear edge for landscaping. TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

If that's open to the street, I'd just come of the corner of (his?) fence and wrap it around in front of your air conditioner---the street side.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, i'd put it behind the fence....
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

6. Back To Top    #6

I see it a lot around here where people leave the equipment outside the fence on the side of the house like that. If you don't live where theft is an issue then why not?
    30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes for sure, someone with a hacksaw could easily walk off with nice pool equipment. Also you don't want kids or some random stranger to start turning your valves.
    Inground pool, bit of an L shape with a spa with spillover, 3 pumps for pool, spa and water feature, salt water system, 400K btu heater, Aqualogic controller

8. Back To Top    #8

i would run a small 4 ft picket/privacy fence around it. would look better and in all honesty...how many folks (kids) are walking by looking to steal pool equipment?? lol...esp in Mandeville?

i agree, running the 8 ft farther down the side of your home would look goofy as ****
    18x36 vinyl / sport pool 5.5' deep / 1.5hp Tri-Star 2spd / Hayward c3030 325 sqft cartridge / ~15k gal / TF100

9. Back To Top    #9

Wow dumb move by PB. I would go with with small fence. I would be tempted to make the PB move it so you could put the fence between the AC and the equipment but on the other hand you are probably to close to the AC as it is. Most compressors call for 2 ft of clearance.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

10. Back To Top    #10

I would have BOTH the pool stuff and the AC inside the fence. I might even put in a gate with a lock on that side for easy access to allowed people.

Theft and messing with being the top two reasons.

If you want to "hide" it all from the back yard I like the idea of the simple picket fence or the white PVC fencing/cover up. BUT it needs to be easy to get through/take up for service and such.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

The small fence with a gate was my idea but the wife don't want either,she wants it all behind the fence. I'm going to bite the bullet and put it in front of the A/C unit. Talking to others at work, the A/C unit needs about 2 feet of clearance to work right. Heck,maybe being behind the shade of a fence in the afternoon will help the A/C unit.So that only leaves putting it in front of everything and more work and rerouting landscape drainage too. Yes indeed, more work as always.

12. Back To Top    #12

Happy wife, happy life! LOL

Just ask my hubby!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by jojoman View Post
    They came and did the plumbing, set pads and installed the pool equipment yesterday(i need to go take some pics and update the build still). My wife thinks we need to extented our existing fence do people will not fool with the pool equipment/setting on said equipment. Has anybody had problems like that? Most people what to hide the equipment from what i have seen. They set the pads so close to the A/C pad that their is no way i can get a fence(my main fence that is) between the pads. That means i will have to go in front of the A/C pad which will be a major pain because of landscape drains from two yards are running in that area. Plus my neighbor added about 7 feet of fence on his side to my existing fence, so now i will need to add about 8 feet to his existing extention. Would look stupid i think. I was thinking of putting a small fence around the equipment like i have seen my people do. I'm going to take some pics and post them here soon.

I would just plant some nice healthy shrubs. I have always lived by the model out of sight out of mind, $60 bucks and 30 minutes done!!!!! Plus you won't be able to see your equipment from the house or from the street.
    16,000 gallons, IG
    Pebble,Sand
    Jandy 2 speed pump
    Under construnction 8-1-14
    Spa