Yet another pump conversion question

Loriac

Jul 8, 2014
Nolanville, Texas
Our Pro Series 20' x 48" has been up for several weeks now and things have been going...may I say... Swimmingly!! Water has been clear and other than some issues keeping my FC up I've been really surprised at how easy it's all been...thanks to Pool Math!

The little pump that came with the pool has been chugging along and it's done a good job so far, but I do baby it by changing the filter at the first sign of any decreased output, which means I've been changing the paper filter about every 3 days. Amazon had the Intex 28651 sand filter on sale for 147.00 last week and I bought it. Now...normally my husband does this sorta thing but he's now activated with Army Natl Guard for border mission, so it's all on me. I've put it all together (super easy) but I'm stuck at connecting the hoses. I've watched all the videos. There are no adapters with this pump and Amazon has so many to choose from. Blah...I need someone to say BUY THIS ONE, and take the guessing out for me. I can go to Home Depot too but not sure what the heck to buy!

Thanks for any replies!!

Just to update...or add to my confusion...

The model I have is the SF60110. Does anyone know if this pump should include the plunger valve, strainer connector and pool inlet nozzle?? If I had these I could figure out how to connect. These parts appear to be listed on the parts included but there's an "optional" asterisk next to these listed parts so I'm not sure I that means they should or should not be in the box. Ugh 800 number only works mon thru fri. I feel really dumb.

image.jpgI've watched all the videos available. I have a pro series with the thru the wall skimmer. I think my problem is my sand filter pump did not come with the larger return head. If I had both of those heads I could modify my old skimmer/filter basket to attach the new larger hose...and cut the larger hole on the return side to fit. I had such high hopes for the B adapters but they simply will not fit. The black rubber piece on the adapter is very thick it when I do manage to jam it on there, it just slowly slides off from all the pressure. I'm supposed to be able to screw it in place with a locking but...but that ain't happening. Too tight.

This is really frustrating. I'm not sure why some pumps are coming with the return assemblies and some are not. Some are coming with plunger valves...and mine did not. Looking forward to getting ahold of Intex tomorrow.

As a side note, the little black pump that came with my pool has been doing an amazing job and I'm really surprised at the strength in the flow of my return. My Intex, however, just sits there all ready to go...mocking me!! Lol

If you can wait for the off season, the price drops to about half of what it is now. With the popularity of the Intex and other soft side pools, the sellers are wanting to cash in during the swim season. It would pay to look around at other places, sometimes the same sellers will have what you need for less than what they are charging on Amazon. VMInnovations comes to mind as one of them.

I agree the prices are outrageous. The B Adapters I found were at Leslie's for 28.00. I may go back tomorrow and just see what they suggest. Won't hold my breath.

Otherwise, I must say I was super reluctant to set this pool up. We had a horrible time with easy set pools in the past. This time I spent some time learning, practiced patience, and did things the right way. Wow what a pay off!! Love this sparkly clean pool!! It's been way too easy! Thanks TFP!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There is also another way. You can hard plumb your pool, or at least the skimmer and return. There are off the shelf fittings that can be made to work with the Intex hoses.

Using normal above ground pool fittings, replacement parts are easy to find.

I've been to Home Depot twice and today went to Lowes. A very nice gentleman tried helping me for what seemed like forever. He wasn't quite getting what I was trying to do despite pictures of every connection imaginable.

The newest plunger valve assembly is back in stock on intex for 7 dollars and change each. Better than the 50 to 100 plus prices I've been seeing on eBay. I ordered 2 to use for convenience. It's the inlet and return assemblies that are out of stock but I found those on amazon for about 10.00 and ordered them. I'll be in good shape I'm sure, when I have these parts in hand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.