Central Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Does anyone have experience with getting a fault of "Shorted H2O Sensor" on a heat pump? Wires look ok. Guess I'll have to replace the sensor. ??? It's a Jandy AE-TI 3000

Thanks

Rich

Looks like it's the water temp sensor.

Likely a standard thermistor. Approximate ohm value is 10k at 75°-77°. As temperature increases, resistance decreases.

To test the temperature sensor.

1. Remove the leads from the control board.

2. Test resistance across the sensor.

3. Use the actual water temperature and compare it to the resistance chart.
http://www.bapihvac.com/content/uploads/2010/11/Thermistor_10-2K.pdf

4. There should also be a DC voltage test without having to remove the leads for the board. However, you would need to have the mfg specs for that test.

5. For temporary use, I would throw in a resistor until I could find an aftermarket replacement.
Just my opinion...

If it's the pressure switch.

1. remove the leads from pressure switch to the control board.

2. Test for continuity across the pressure switch leads with no water flow, the meter should read infinite ohms or OL.

3. Jumper the two terminals on the control board.

4. Run the water pump and test for continuity across the pressure switch leads. You should have 0 ohms across the pressure switch leads when there is proper water flow.
If not, check for proper flow through the heat exchanger. If there is proper flow, replace the pressure switch.

http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/~/media/Zodiac/Global/Downloads/H/H0335800.ashx

Thank you. I will test it today. I did find a replacement temp sensor. Is it easy to replace? looks like the sensor is held by a metal band. do you know if I need to use sealant? I can't find any instructions on the internet.

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.