Metal door on Hayward SwimPure enclosure--No lights!

Aug 9, 2014
San Diego, Ca
Hi All

I just bought a Hayward SwimPure Plus to replace a 10 year old Pool Pilot Digital that finally fell apart. Literally, fell apart.

I noticed that the Hayward electrical controls are in a steel box with a steel door, sealed and latched. This makes it to where the alarm lights are kinda invisible...unless you're Superman and can see through steel.

Has anyone added a window to allow the fault lights to shine through? Think such a thing would void the warranty?

Thanks,

Gerard
San Diego

Hi All

I just bought a Hayward SwimPure Plus to replace a 10 year old Pool Pilot Digital that finally fell apart. Literally, fell apart.

I noticed that the Hayward electrical controls are in a steel box with a steel door, sealed and latched. This makes it to where the alarm lights are kinda invisible...unless you're Superman and can see through steel.

Has anyone added a window to allow the fault lights to shine through? Think such a thing would void the warranty?

Ok, now that I have the unit hung on the wall, it's clear that it is NOT hermetically sealed, so a window to see the fault lights should not affect it.

Gerard

I don't think that the window would be worthwhile. The SwimPure (AquaRite) is pretty reliable and you should be fine checking in periodically by opening the door. Also, the display should not be exposed to sunlight as the display can be adversely affected by heat and strong light.

In addition, cutting through the metal door would probably damage the paint, and cause the exposed metal to begin rusting.

I don't think that the window would be worthwhile. The SwimPure (AquaRite) is pretty reliable and you should be fine checking in periodically by opening the door. Also, the display should not be exposed to sunlight as the display can be adversely affected by heat and strong light.

In addition, cutting through the metal door would probably damage the paint, and cause the exposed metal to begin rusting.

Ahhh, good points, thank you! I hadn't thought of the sunlight on the display, nor the metal coating removal. It's pretty darn corrosive in the pump area.

My old Pool Pilot Digital display received some harsh afternoon sunlight...you have me wondering if that shortened its life.

Thanks!

Gerard

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.