So we were away for a week and chlorine levels were kept up until the last 3 days of our trip when our pool guy failed to show up. When we got home we could see the bottom no problem but there was a yellowish kind of algae along the walls of the pool. We shocked last night with 4 cups of shock. Now this evening the pool is a light green and cloudy. I can see the bottom in the shallow end.
I added one more cup of shock but the levels seem highish for the chlorine.
Reading here I've seen it recommended to turn off skimmer and only use main drain?
I've also seen to backwash the filter, but I've also been told that's the worst I could do as then it won't catch small particles? (It's likely due for a backwash)
I have no more shock (dumb yes) so all I've got is 3" in the swim pucks and liquid chlorine bleach haha!
My test results are:
See pics below. First test shot is from 5pm testing, with the shot of the pool. Since then I added another cup of shock, clarifier from in the swim & the second two test pics are from 10pm.
What can I do? We were hoping to use it tomorrow as we have a lot of company coming by but it's not looking to good. I also have the flock out from in the swim not sure if that's worth trying?