summer escapes quick set conversion

john g

Aug 8, 2014
grand prairie, tx
I have a summer escapes quick set pool with the blow up ring and soft sides. Wanting to switch to a sand filter since the cartridge filter it comes with is useless. My hoses connect to the pool with plastic hose clamps and they dont have the plunger valves. Anyone here had any luck connecting a sand filter to this type of pool? If so any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have a summer escapes quick set pool with the blow up ring and soft sides. Wanting to switch to a sand filter since the cartridge filter it comes with is useless. My hoses connect to the pool with plastic hose clamps and they dont have the plunger valves. Anyone here had any luck connecting a sand filter to this type of pool? If so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hello john. We had an EasySet pool for 8 years. Our situation living on a corner in the country with gravel/dirt roads heavily traveled, plus putting the pool under a sycamore tree that was always shedding leaves, bark, seed balls plus white fuzzy worms made a more powerful filter situation a necessity. DH being a farmer and handy with tools and clamps, changed out the hoses so we could run a 1 hp pump and 18 inch sand filter. That pool had the plunger valves so I don't know if this is helpful to you or not. We are using the same set-up with our 18 ft Ultra Frame pool. I took a few pictures of this, and will post them when I figure out the easiest way to get them from my phone to here. Hopefully this will be helpful to you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.