Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with Intermatic p1353 settings.

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help with Intermatic p1353 settings.

Brand new (overwhelmed) pool owner here.
    I have a Hayward Super II pump, Pentair CCP filter, Intermatic p1353 (I think), ~20,000 gallon plaster pool.

The previous owner had it set to mode 3
    I 'm not sure if anything is plugged into circuit 2... the heater maybe?
    Circuit 3 I think says cleaner (says booster on the cover plate). But, I don't see a second pump anywhere...

What would be a good starting point to program into the timer? Also, is there a way to clear a single event? I only see in the manual how to clear all events at the same time.

~20,000 gallon plaster - Pentair Clean & Clear Plus - Hayward Super II Pump - Intermatic P1353ME?

2. Back To Top    #2

Houston, TX

Re: Need help with Intermatic p1353 settings.

What happens when you turn each circuit on? Start with circuit 1 ...
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Chapin, SC

Re: Need help with Intermatic p1353 settings.

Mode 3 is to make sure when you start circuit 3 for my cleaner boost pump it automatically starts the main pump on circuit 1 if it already hasn't been running. I use circuit 2 for my swg. I just set it to the same run time as my filter pump. I set my circuit three to run at different times (9am to noon) than the main pump which runs from 7am to 7pm now. Yours may not have anything connected to Circuit 2.
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir
    Intermatic P1353ME digital timer w/freeze sensor
    CircuPool Si-45 SWCG System
    Polaris 280 vacuum/Polaris PB4-60 boost pump
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3hp Pump--Pentair sand filter