Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bubbler and rising PH

1. Back To Top    #1

Mansfield, Texas

Bubbler and rising PH

I am having to adjust my PH once a week I think due to my bubbler on the top step. My pool is kidney shaped with a lump on the side where the stairs are. PB told me the grand kids would love it, and they do. But, I think they added it to keep the water moving around the corner. My question is, would it be better to turn it off when the kids aren't here, or just suffer the consequences of having it. We're only talking a rise of .6 ppm.
    14.3k, 3 1/2-5 1/2, IG, Pebble Wet Edge Northshore Tahoe, Jandy 4 cartridge, Jandy 2hp variable, Pentair 320 inline chlorinator fed by a Stenner, Polaris 280, K-2006 test kit, Built 9/13
    Fill water: TA=90, PH=70, CH=90

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Bubbler and rising PH

I'd take the rise in pH (easy fix as you know--just add MA) for the cooler pool if it helps much.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Fort Myers, Florida

Re: Bubbler and rising PH

I have the same problem, I turned mine off, I also have a spill over from the spa that drives the pH up...I would turn it off, its just adding to the pH rise..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    13,000 Gal Pool & Spa
    Jandy Automation /w IAqualink
    Autopilot SWG
    Jandy 2.0 HP VSP, Filter Cartridge
    Taylor (FAS-DPD K-2600, Pool Surface: Plaster