Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: russenterprises introduction

1. Back To Top    #1

Near Montgomery, AL

russenterprises introduction

I want to say thanks to everyone on this site for providing the information that is here. I've been lurking for a long time, and finally registered today.

My wife and I started looking for a new (to us) house about a year ago, and we both agreed that we wanted a house with a pool. I was concerned about the cost of upkeep, so I started researching it and found this site. I read every article in Pool School at least once, and started reading the forum almost daily.

Once we knew we were going to close on a house with a pool, I ordered a Taylor K-2600 test kit and tested the water as soon as we moved in. Lots of 3" puck containers around, so as expected, low PH and high CYA. The feeder was pretty much empty, so the FC was low as well, and the TA was also low.

Using what I learned here, I immediately added bleach to get the FC up, added Borax to bring the PH up, baking soda to bring the alkalinity up. It took a few days, but I finally got everything close to target. Since then, I've just been testing FC pretty much daily and adding bleach daily to keep the FC up. I test the PH occasionally, but it's stable at 7.6, so I don't worry about it.

I just did a temporary install today of a stenner-type pump to see how that works out, but that's probably a topic for another thread...

I can't imagine what it would be like if I hadn't found this site, so again, thanks everyone.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: russenterprises introduction

Hi, welcome to TFP! Glad our site was able to help!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to the forum!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Longview, Texas

Hi Russ!
    Now that right there is how it's done!

Easy as pie.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Now that's hitting the ground running. Welcome to TFP
    Screen enclosed 17K gal 16x30 IG with Diamond Brite finish, elevated 4 jet spa with spill over, Twin dolphin fountain, Hayward Ecostar pump[ Pentair intelliflo VS, Filter Sta rite Posi-Flo PTM 100, Aqua Cal heat pump, Tiger Shark QC robotic cleaner.
    Stenner peristaltic pump model 45MPHP10, 15 gal storage tank. TF 100 with Speed Stir.