Can I add an autofill device?

zimm

May 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I'm getting a little lazy on keeping the pool level correct. If it drops too much, my skimmer starves and the pump runs dry. Is there a recommended auto-fill device that I hook my garden hose up to? It doesn't even have to be permenant- something I can just lay on the deck and will shutoff without overdoing it....

Do you have a sprinkler timer?
I have a 30 year old pool without an autoleveler (My brothers pool has an auto leveler and it has failed and swamped his back yard a few times over the past 10 years.
I just ran a pvc 3/4 inch line from a orbit water control valve (without antisiphon) and laid it next to my diving board on the Deck ( when i redo the pool I will have it intergrated).
I have it turn on for 10min every morning. After a watching it for a few weeks you can determine if you need to up it or reduce it. In AZ the evaporation is pretty high. I adjust it in Oct. and shut it off in Nov. Then when I want to manual fill it I still have the controler do it so I don't forget to shut it off. ( I have forgot to shut off the hose many times) So, this works quite nice.

Bill

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.